Collection of Personal Information
- Cultureshock collects information provided by you when you use our services. The types of personal information collected and stored by Cultureshock might include your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”).
- Cultureshock (or any of its subcontractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
i. when you supply data to register to receive email updates, publications, information or other communications from Cultureshock Media;
ii. during any transaction with us;
iii. when you supply any other data which you provide to Cultureshock when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information; and
iv. if you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages alongside your email address.
Storage and retention of your information
- Cultureshock will keep your information on a secure server or secure CRM system. The technology that Cultureshock uses and the security policies, which Cultureshock has implemented, are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
- In the unlikely event of a data breach, Cultureshock will assess the severity of the breach and risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals before taking appropriate action to notify relevant regulatory bodies or individuals.
Use of Your Information
- Cultureshock may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
i. in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, subscriptions to publications, transactions with us; responding to any enquiry you make;
ii. subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding services offered by Cultureshock (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email);
iii. to provide you with information on products and services that may be of interest to you.
iv. to measure interest in and improve our services and communications for the benefit of our clients and wider target audience.
- Cultureshock may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
ii. to any service providers, subcontractors appointed by Cultureshock to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
iii. to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Cultureshock’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request.
We use the following cookies
Google Analytics – We set cookies to get information on site usage and popularity, for the purposes of improving the site.
Browser capabilities – We store your display dimensions and device capabilities, to more quickly serve content adjusted to display well on your device.
User account settings – To persist your login and preferences, our site places cookies.
How to disable cookies
To opt out of cookies, you can configure your browser to disable them. Find out how for your relevant browser:
Chrome – View instructions
Firefox – View instructions
Internet Explorer – View instructions
Mobile Internet Explorer – View instructions
Safari – View instructions
Mobile Safari – View instructions
Opera – View instructions
Please note that disabling cookies will result in some parts of the site not functioning correctly.